Thursday, June 9, 2011

Momentary Blindness

As I sit on a bench I close my eyes. I hear laughter from a group of people. They’re talking low but I can still hear them. It sounds like they’re to my right but behind me a bit. It sounds like there’s a mix of guys and girls in the group. I also hear what sounds like kissing near me. It is on and off every few minutes. I hear many birds chirping around the park. A loud plane passes by overhead.

The traffic from below the hill can be faintly heard. Large trucks passing by are more easily heard than the standard small cars. I hear water from the fountain in the middle of the par poring out. The sound is being disrupted and I hear splatter for a few seconds. There was probably someone drinking from it. I feel nice (much needed) breeze pass by me. I hear a noise that sounds like steps behind me. I feel and hear a bird fly fast above my head. I begin to smell oranges, and I open my eyes to see Allan eating oranges from the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment